Why the Interest in Crafts?

Crafting is therapy for me.  




When I am worried about something in my life, I turn to Crafting.  
So during this pandemic it was natural for me to turn back to crafting.  
The pandemic wasn't the only reason I started crafting again.  

My Mom was diagnosed with cancer.  
She had a large tumor growing in her throat.  
I am so happy to report that the radiation and chemo took care of it according to her latest PET scan.  



I started crafts at an early age.  Just childrens' type of things.  
Then in Junior High we were able to take it as an elective.  
In High School we took it and it was called Industrial Arts.  
It was the one class I totally enjoyed going to each day along with Home Economics. 
(I later became a Home Economics teacher)

We worked with decoupage, leather, pottery and copper.  
It was great!  
I wish children today could have a class like that.  
I am sure their Art classes offer something similar. 

My Mom was a crafter too.  But she has always focused on wood working.  
She has all kinds of different saws and makes all kinds of creations with wood.  
So it runs in the family.  My Mom made these Halloween Black Cats.  
So cute!


I hope you enjoyed reading about why I got started with an online presence.  
I hope you will follow me on all my social media and of course check out my website.

Website:  shoptownandcountryboutique.com
Facebook:  townandcountryboutique
Instagram:  @town_and_country_boutique
Pinterest:  Town&CountryKathy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Candy Corn Craft Giveaway

Why the Interest in Rehabbing?