Why the Interest in Rehabbing?

My husband and I have a property investment company where we have rehabbed several homes.  Some we flipped and some we still own as rent houses.  It is so rewarding to take before and after pictures and provide a nice clean updated home for someone to live in.




I think this interest began in full force when my parents turned an old barn into a home for us.  It wasn't a typical looking barn.  
It looked more like a house already with several car ports.  So when it was finished you could not tell it was ever a barn.

It took my parents and different family members a whole year to build it because we only worked on it on weekends.  A major "weekend DIY".  
My uncles helped with the major concerns like electrical and plumbing.  But all the wood and sheetrock/panelling was handled by my parents and other family members who wanted to come and work and get a meal provided.  
I helped with the cooking and babysitting.  Good Memories!

We lived on a farm and we were not wealthy.  Farmers have good years and lean years.  So that lifestyle led me to rehab little things around the house.  
I remember redoing a clothes hamper as my first major project.  It was headed to the trash when I saved it.  
I don't remember everything I done to it, but I do remember repainting it and actually using it afterwards.

Well now you know how it all started.....


I hope you enjoyed reading about why I got started with an online presence.  
I hope you will follow me on all my social media and of course check out my website.

Website:  shoptownandcountryboutique.com
Facebook:  townandcountryboutique
Instagram:  @town_and_country_boutique
Pinterest:  Town&CountryKathy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why the Interest in Crafts?

Candy Corn Craft Giveaway